Technical Engine, Application, and Maintenance
Get the most out of your time and your vessel. Join Caterpillar Marine Power Systems for a factory-led hands-on engine class, specifically designed for owners and crew of C7 ACERT™ through C32 ACERT powered vessels. TEAM Training (Technical Engine, Application, and Maintenance) combines test cell sessions with class instruction, covering the operation, maintenance, and efficient use of your engines.
This is not your average classroom experience! You’ll spend three days at the beautiful Miami Skills Acquisition Center learning new skills and practicing them using a 3412E propulsion engine, marine transmission, and dynamometer.
Your TEAM teachers will include:
- Terry Cordis, a Marine Learning Consultant for Caterpillar Global Service Training. Manages the Caterpillar Certified Marine Analyst Programs while globally supporting all Caterpillar Marine Training.
- Victor Garcia, former product support representative and the designer and current operator of the training test cell.
Knowledge is power. Sign up for TEAM Training today!
To register yourself or a crew member for TEAM Training, or for pricing information, contact your local Cat® dealer.
Please sign up as early as possible; enrollment is limited to ten people per class.Contact your local Cat Dealer
When you attend TEAM Training, you will receive the most comprehensive, customized learning experience available for your Cat® engine. Some of the topics you will cover include:
- Engine 101: How a diesel engine works
- Ratings: A-E rating definitions, generator set ratings, emissions ratings, rating conditions
- Maintenance: Maintenance practices, interval schedules
- Engine Design: Computer control operation, sensor operation, engine protection and safety features, HEUI fuel system, alarms
- Fuel System: How it works, acceptable fuels, specific fuel gravity properties, direct injection systems, microorganisms in fuel, water separation, coalescing water separators, fuel filters, avoiding sulfur damage, dealing with poor quality fuel
- Lubrication System: How it works, oil composition, lubrication functions, changing oil, system failures, S•O•SSM analysis, wear rate analysis, wear metals, dipstick calibration
- Cooling System: How it works, coolant definitions, how zinc plugs work and how to service them, freeze and corrosion protection, supplemental coolant additives, cylinder wall pitting, overheating, heat exchangers, strainer sizings, rubber seawater pump impellers, and heat exchanger and aftercooler maintenance
- Cat Displays: How to operate your marine power display, color marine power display, and mini marine power display; comparison of display systems
- Cat Controls: Capabilities and operation of the Multi-Station Control System
- Marine Generators: Operation and maintenance
- Marine Transmissions: “Trailing” and “trolling” modes, operation and maintenance
- Marine Products Warranty: The Caterpillar Warranty statement, Platinum Advantage, Platinum Extended Service Coverage, Platinum Overhaul Protection Coverage, coverage zones for new and used engines
- Parts: Spare parts, cruise kits, parts for remote areas
- Service: Marine Customer Service Center (Call Center)
- New Product Update: Overview of our new products
- Cat Literature: Marine Engine Selection Guide, Service Location Guide
- Marine Propulsion Systems: Displacement and semi-displacement hulls, speed/length ratios, loss of performance
- Returning an engine to service after storage
contact your local Cat Dealer
Reservations and Transporation
The class will be held at:
- Miami Skills Acquisition Center
15550 NW 59th Ave.
Miami Lakes, FL 33014
Please make your own hotel reservations. Our recommended hotels are:
- Town Place Suites
8079 NW 154th Street
Miami Lakes, FL 33016
- Courtyard Hotel
15701 NW 77th Court
Miami Lakes, FL 33016
- Shula’s Hotel
6842 Main Street
Miami Lakes, FL
If you choose one of our recommended hotels, transportation to and from the Miami Skills Acquisition Center will be provided each day.back
Use the form below to register for this informative, extensive course. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Segura (305-816-3347). Please refer to the TEAM Training flyer for additional information.